Click here for Carers Voice Forums details
Carers calander of events is here http://sloughcarerssupport.co.uk/slough-carers-calendar/
It is estimated that 11,626 carers are living in Slough. Does someone rely on you? Do you provide support to a family member or a friend who can’t manage without you? Tell your GP that you are a carer and ask to be put on the Carers Register. In most cases the surgery can:
Click HERE to read the Joint Carers Commissioning Strategy 2016-21
contact Family Information Service on on 01753 476589 or e mail email@example.com providing a list of local services for young carers
An online resource to support carers It includes a number of useful online resources, including specially tailored Apps, guides and training courses, such as:
• Jointly – a mobile App to help make caring a bit easier, less stressful and more organised.
• About Me – an e-learning course that carers that aims to help build resilience for caring.
• Upfront Guide to Caring – this is an online assessment tool that directs carers to specific sections of Carers UK’s website for information relevant to their situation, and then produces a short action plan to help carers plan their next steps.
For information about local carers support contact:
• Slough Bough Council adult early help team on 01753 475111
• Slough Carers Hub on 01753 303428 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Slough Services Guide lists the organisations, groups and activities available for carers in Slough and surrounding areas.
The Joint Strategic Needs Assessment has a section on carers, providing facts, figures and trends as well as the legal obligation the Council has to support them.